I love collaborating on content creation and for Instagram promotion. I focus more on conscious collaborations and authentic relationships. Please do read this before you consider contacting me.
How I am trying to Bee Good and do good.
I think a lot about influence; what it means and the responsibility it comes with particularly when we advertise products etc: to our audience. People know us and trust us and I feel we have an obligation to honour that by being true to ourselves and our values. We are entering into a contract with our followers, one that, I feel, must be taken seriously.
So to this end, I thoughts I’d make a list of my ‘Bee Good’ promises, a manifesto so to speak, so brands that want to work with me and my followers can see my values upfront. And for me, it goes without saying that I will only ever promote products I love, already use, or will now use that the product has been brought to my attention.
Bee Good promises
1. I will not knowingly ever promote single-use plastic items. I’m passionate about the environment and the damage that single-use plastic is causing and I will not promote it. Sometimes, without my knowing, items are packaged or arrive in single-use plastic, I try my best to avoid this and discourage it.
2. I will never promote something knowingly tested on animals. This for me is just a given. I always do my research and check online as much as I can but I’m not perfect and may miss something.
3. I will promote sustainable fashion wherever possible. I am a proud outfit repeater and try my very best to purchase items that come from small ethical retailers. I do succumb to the occasional fast fashion item, I’m human, but wherever possible I will promote garments that are not designed to be disposable.
4. I will never promote anything that is designed to play on people’s fears or make them feel bad about themselves, end of.
5. I will never knowingly work with a company or organisation that is discriminatory in any way and will always try and work with companies that are as diverse as possible.
6. When I travel I will always aim to be respectful of where I am, the culture and the environment choosing locations that are not fragile or considered at risk from over-tourism.
And of course, I will do this by being as kind as I can to myself, others, and the environment.